07 May Paris in Stripes
Let me show you my Paris trip in ||stripes||
PARIS PARIS. Charming. Romantic. Lovely. Cosy. Creative. Culinary. And. Rainy.
My trip to Paris was perfect. Almost perfect. The weather could have been “friendlier”. I don’t know what happened to that creature which was responsible for those really bad weather conditions during my trip! Well.. what is sure is that it obviously hasn’t been in a very good mood. –> Drops. Drops. Drops. Drops…Drops. Everywhere. Anytime. Alright, you might say there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong gear. I get that. (you are totally right) (by the way…did you know that this is actually a Scandinavian saying? –> In Swedish | Norwegian the word for “weather” rhymes with the word for “clothes”! Swedish: Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder. Or Norwegian: Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær)
Okay, I know this isn’t a lame excuse I’m using for not having photos taken. But, It’s quite challenging to photograph in rainy conditions, isn’t it?
Of course, I don’t want to disappoint you. So I stop beating around the bush: Here you have some pictures (not typical tourist pictures):
Paris in ||| stripes |||
1. Starting with LA PARISIENNE. Due to the RAINY SHOCK. (just kidding, it was our “bienvenu-drink”)
2. La Tour Eiffel from a “different” point of view. On top of the roof from Les Galeries Lafayette we had a wonderful panorama view…a cloudy one. (Can you see the Eiffel Tower?)
3. “Always look on the bride side of life…“ , seeking for colors! (Tip: If you’re on a citytrip and you’re upset because it doesn’t stop raining… just make the best out of it. Take it as a challenge: Be creative and try to see things from a different perspective. You will discover a lot of unexpected fascinating things. The beauty is in the detail.
4. Some details and some street art
5. Always in color-hunting mood. Love the “blue-red” combination.
6. Oh yes yes.. as an architect…I had to see this ehmm… Building. LE CENTRE POMPIDOU. Although I’m not really a big fan of it, I have to admit that I was quite impressed by the complexity of this building. (a love-hate relationship)
7. Free entry to CENTRE POMPIDOU. Inspired by some designs. And patterns.
8. Fell in love with those soft colors + simple design. Maybe useful for some new DIY-Ideas…
9. +++ More inspirations for some new DIY-Projects +++ How cool are those wall decorations?!
10. Shopping Time. Of course. (Nope. No fashion. I think it’s better to do that kind of shopping with a female accompanist, don’t you think?…Okay okay I actually went to one cool vintage shop and I bought two wonderful summer dresses (instead of an umbrella). But that’s all.
Paris, I’ll come back. But first, I’ll visit –> GHENT, Belgium <– my absolutely favorite city. It’s time again for a little family visit! :-)
(This post hasn’t much to do about Recycling Design, Home Interior or DIYs…it is just tiny little peek into my world. Behind the scenes of COSYMORE. Hope you don’t mind me sharing it)
Wish you a cosy day :-)